禍從天降 Curse From Heaven
以斯帖記第三章猶太人禍從天降, 3:13 交給驛卒傳到王的各省, 吩咐將猶大人, 無論老少婦女孩子, 在一日之間, 十二月就是亞達月十三日, 全然剪除, 殺戮滅絕, 並奪他們的財為掠物。十二月十三日波斯帝國 127省裡面的猶大人, 無論男女老幼都要被滅絕, 猶大人作了什麼錯事, 沒有, 禍從天降, 我們當怎樣面對這樣的事情呢?
Imagine learning that a mass genocide has been planned against your people. In Esther 3, this was the fate that awaited the Jews. Listen to Rev. Jeremiah Cheung this week as he shares how we can better respond to tragic events.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
以斯帖記 Esther 3
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share 1 thing that you are struggling with. Share one thing you are thankful for.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. Describe Haman, Mordecai, and King Xerxes.
• Where do you see God’s invisible hands in this passage?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• How do you feel about the people in the passage?
• If you were them, how would you do things differently?
• What is the Lord teaching you through this passage?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• How does knowing God through this passage help you in your current situation?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Thank God because He is omniscient. He already knows everything even when we are stretched in our situations. Thank God that He has already put everything in place, according to His plan, to redeem us.
• Repent for the times when our hearts want to be God instead of trusting God for who He is.
• Pray for a heart that chooses to trust God and to faithfully walk with Him. Pray for God’s peace and reassurance to keep going in our life.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.