The strong must love and build up the weak in faith so that all may live in harmony and glorify God. In this message, Bro. Isaac Cheung teaches us how to foster an environment of unity and acceptance within the body of Christ.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share 1-2 attitudes or opinions of others that you find difficult to accept.
– Share 1-2 of your attitudes or opinions that others may find difficult to accept.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– Read the passage. In what ways did Jesus exemplify accepting others?
– What does ‘the strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves’ mean?
– What should be our motivation in accepting and building others up?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– Reflect: What are some failings/weaknesses in your life? (Note to leaders: Spend a few minutes of silence for reflection. Encourage members to share but do not force them. This is an opportunity to remind/share Christ’s love on the cross for each person despite our failings. Lead the group in prayer of repentance.)
– What does it mean for you that Jesus has accepted you in all these failings and weaknesses? How should you respond to His acceptance?
– What are some challenges as we seek to follow Christ’s example of accepting others?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– What specific actions will you do in obedience to follow Christ’s example of accepting others especially those with different views/opinions (e.g. initiate fellowshipping, conversations, etc.)?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Thank our Lord for accepting us while we were still sinners and for continually loving us despite our weaknesses.
– Pray for a heart that seeks to obey and follow Christ’s example in accepting others. Pray for the Spirit’s work in us and through us, that we may be able to set aside our differences and accept each other just as Christ has accepted us.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Learn More About Today’s Message
This message is part of the 8-Week Church Wide Campaign “The Master’s Design” from August 7 to September 25, 2022. Dig deeper into the topic and join discussions about our weekly themes by joining a Life Group. If interested, fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.