基督在世上的時候, 常常為門徒留下榜樣, 因為主知道人都是從榜樣學習的; 羅馬書15:1-13是基督為我們留下的榜樣, 教導我們不批評不論斷多接納, 這13節的經文告訴我們基督為我們留下了三個美好的榜樣, 1.基督擔代了人的軟弱2.基督不求自己的喜悅 3.基督接納了所有的人 。
Christ lived as an example to His disciples, teaching them not to criticize nor judge but to accept each other and to look out for the interest of others above their own. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to follow Jesus’ example of selflessness and being willing to sacrifice for others.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
羅馬書 Romans 15:1-13
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• Share 1-2 attitudes or opinions of others that you find difficult to accept.
• Share 1-2 of your attitudes or opinions that others may find difficult to accept.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. In what ways did Jesus exemplify accepting others?
• What does ‘the strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves’ mean?
• What should be our motivation in accepting and building others up?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• Reflect: What are some failings/weaknesses in your life? (Note to leaders: Spend a few minutes of silence for reflection. Encourage members to share but do not force them. This is an opportunity to remind/share Christ’s love on the cross for each person despite our failings. Lead the group in prayer of repentance.)
• What does it mean for you that Jesus has accepted you in all these failings and weaknesses? How should you respond to His acceptance?
• What are some challenges as we seek to follow Christ’s example of accepting others?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• What specific actions will you do in obedience to follow Christ’s example of accepting others especially those with different views/opinions (e.g. initiate fellowshipping, conversations, etc.)?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Thank our Lord for accepting us while we were still sinners and for continually loving us despite our weaknesses.
• Pray for a heart that seeks to obey and follow Christ’s example in accepting others. Pray for the Spirit’s work in us and through us, that we may be able to set aside our differences and accept each other just as Christ has accepted us.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.