愛是不會加害別人, 愛是將別人放在自己以上, 這與現今世界的文化有很大的差異, 現代的人都以自己為中心, do what I like; 我們所注重的是自己的自由, 自己的權利。基督徒我們的人生觀是living for others, 以別人為重的人生觀. 所以, 要以愛為虧欠的態度對待別人。
Christians are called to live differently from today’s culture of self-centeredness and self-empowerment. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us put others first in an attitude of love and not be concerned only about ourselves.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
羅馬書 Romans 13:8-14
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
• What is your love language? Share specific ways you use it to express love. (Love languages: words of affirmation, service, physical touch, quality time, and giving gifts.)
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
• Read the passage. What does it mean to continuously be in debt to love one another?
• How is love the fulfillment of the law?
• As the day comes near, what must we do? What should we not do?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
• In what ways do you express love for yourself?
• In what ways do you express love for others?
• In what ways do you express love for God?
(Note to leaders: You may return to their answers in Engage with One Another to draw out more specific ways of using their love language in expressing their love for self, others, and God.)
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
• As the day of Jesus’ return is near, Paul mentioned about waking up, behaving decently, and clothing ourselves with Christ. What changes should you start doing? How will you do it?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
• Thank God for His love that ultimately fulfills the Law that we no longer need to earn our way to salvation and we do not need to work to receive God’s love.
• Repent of sins and deeds we do in the darkness that fulfill the desires of our flesh.
• Pray for the Holy Spirit’s enabling and a heart that truly repents. To respond to God’s love by loving ourself, others, and worshiping God.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.