救恩一方面是神的揀選, 但也是人信心的回應。現在要神學界有二種不同的救恩神學, 一是加爾文神學, 強調神的主權。人得救是出於神的揀選, 這是神的預定; 一是亞米念神學, 強調人的自由意志, 人得救是出於神預知人自由意志的選擇。神的主權與人的自由意志好像銅板的兩面, 這是二合一的事。神的揀選是神的主權, 但人信心的回應也是不可缺少的; 羅馬書第九章強調神的主權, 但羅馬書第十章卻強調人信心的回應。神的救恩是奇妙的恩典, 神所揀選的人都是不配被揀選, 我們唯一蒙神悅納就是我們的信心; 希伯來書 11:6 人非有信就不能得神的喜悅, 因為到神面前來的人, 必須信有神, 且信祂賞賜那尋求祂的人。
The only way to be acceptable before the Lord is through faith. Even those whom God has chosen are not worthy of election in themselves. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds us that without faith, it is impossible to please God. Anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
羅馬書 Romans 9:30 – 10:21
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Note to leader: Choose 2-3 members prior to meeting to share their experience in sharing the Gospel.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. In 10:4, what does it mean that “Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes?”
- In what way is believing in Christ easy? What makes it difficult?
- Through the passage, what did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself?(Note to leader: You may want to ask the members what they find difficult to understand in studying Romans so far and the questions they have in mind. You do not need to have all the answers but you can look for the answers together as a group.)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What is Paul’s heart towards the Jews and the Gospel?
- Do you think everyone needs the Gospel?
- What challenges do you face in sharing the Gospel?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Think of a person you’d like to share the Gospel with. What action steps can you commit towards sharing the Gospel to him/her? (e.g. regularly pray for the person, reach out and build relationship by calling or meeting the person once a month for the next 6 months, etc.)
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank the Lord for His grace in making salvation so easy for us. Repent of the pride in our hearts when we find it difficult to admit that we are a sinner.
- Pray for hearts of stone to be turned to hearts of flesh as we follow and obey Jesus daily; to have the desire to share Jesus to the people where we live, work, and play.
- Pray for specific people who have yet to receive Jesus, that they may see their need for a Savior and to respond to Jesus’ invitation.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.