Righteousness by faith comes through hearing the gospel. So how then can people believe if they have not heard? This week, Ptr. Jared Co urges us to do our part in the work of evangelism. People need to know and respond to the saving grace of Jesus Christ!
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Romans 10 (9:30-10:21)
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Note to leader: Choose 2-3 members prior to meeting to share their experience in sharing the Gospel.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. In 10:4, what does it mean that “Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes?”
- In what way is believing in Christ easy? What makes it difficult?
- Through the passage, what did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself?(Note to leader: You may want to ask the members what they find difficult to understand in studying Romans so far and the questions they have in mind. You do not need to have all the answers but you can look for the answers together as a group.)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What is Paul’s heart towards the Jews and the Gospel?
- Do you think everyone needs the Gospel?
- What challenges do you face in sharing the Gospel?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Think of a person you’d like to share the Gospel with. What action steps can you commit towards sharing the Gospel to him/her? (e.g. regularly pray for the person, reach out and build relationship by calling or meeting the person once a month for the next 6 months, etc.)
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank the Lord for His grace in making salvation so easy for us. Repent of the pride in our hearts when we find it difficult to admit that we are a sinner.
- Pray for hearts of stone to be turned to hearts of flesh as we follow and obey Jesus daily; to have the desire to share Jesus to the people where we live, work, and play.
- Pray for specific people who have yet to receive Jesus, that they may see their need for a Savior and to respond to Jesus’ invitation.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.