羅馬書第六章是保羅在解釋羅馬書5:20罪在哪裡顯多, 恩典就更顯多了。保羅知道這句話如果不解釋清楚, 一定會產生誤解的; 這樣, 我們豈不是可以繼續犯罪使恩典顯得更多嗎? 保羅提出了二個問題來解釋這句話, 第一個問題是在 6:1 這樣, 怎麼說呢? 我們可以仍在罪中, 叫恩典顯多麼? 然後V2-14就是保羅所給的答案; 第二個問題是在6:15 這卻怎麼樣呢? 我們在恩典之下, 不在律法之下, 就可以犯罪麼? V16-23就是保羅所給的答案。
In Romans 6, Paul asks: “Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace?” This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung revisits this question by explaining that we reap what we sow, for we are either slaves to sin or slaves to righteousness. Let us choose wisely.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
羅馬書 Romans 6:1-23
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- How have you experienced God’s grace this past week?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What is the significance of baptism?
- Why is God’s grace not an excuse for us to keep sinning?
- Compare: slave to sin and slave to righteousness. How do we become slaves of righteousness?
- As new creations in Christ, what does Paul say about temptations and sin we face?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Describe what happens within you when you face a struggle with sin.
- What does ‘offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness’ in v.13 look like (eyes, mouth, hands, mind, will, etc.)? What are some challenges in doing this?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What specific action steps can you take towards offering every part of yourself to the Lord instead of following our evil desires?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Praise our Lord for the sufficiency and abundance of His grace, that we are alive with Christ.
- Ask for God’s forgiveness on sins that we deliberately do and for sins that we have overlooked. Repent from them that our fellowship with God may be restored.
- Ask God’s power to help us be firm in our conviction to say no to sin and to say yes in obeying Jesus and to always remember that Jesus is our new Master especially in our times of weakness.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.