英雄不是指一個完美的人, 事實上很多英雄本身都有很多問題, 但他們能成英雄, 因為他們願意為理想, 為別人付出代價, 甚至犧牲生命, 成就了國家, 成就了別人, 成為了人心裡的英雄。我們沒有那麼偉大但作為父親的, 我們要成為家庭的英雄, 為神賜給我們的妻子與兒女付出代價; 在別人眼中我們不是什麼英雄, 但在家人的眼中, 我們要成為他們眼中的英雄。
Heroes may not be perfect, but they become heroes when they fight for their ideals and make sacrifices for others. This Father’s Day, join Rev. Jeremiah Cheung as he encourages every father to make sacrifices for the sake of their wives and children—and become the hero in the eyes of their family.
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- What do you appreciate most about your father?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What did you learn about your father and yourself through the message?
- What did you learn about our Heavenly Father through the message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What part of the message speaks to you?
- For fathers, what is your desire for your family? In what ways do you work towards it?
- For non-fathers, what is your attitude towards supporting your father (or father-figures) as they fulfill their role?
- How can you help your family grow closer to God?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- As a father, what example of Christ will you begin to follow? How will you do it?
- For non-fathers, what are some ways you can honor your father? How will you do it this week?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank our Heavenly Father for His sacrificial love for us and His example of fatherly love for us to follow.
- Bring to God any attitude that is not pleasing towards our earthly father and ask God for forgiveness. Ask for the Spirit’s enabling to love and support our father.
- Pray for our fathers (spiritually, physically, emotionally, relationally, etc.).
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.