All of humanity has sinned and we lack the righteousness that God demands. But God, through Jesus Christ, provided the means to make us right with Him. This week, Rev. Genesis Tan explains that the righteousness God offers is a free gift that we receive through faith.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- In the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:1-17), how do you rate yourself in terms of abiding them? Please rate 10 as the highest and 0 as the lowest.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What does Paul say about righteousness?
- What is the importance of God’s law? How does it reflect our sinfulness?
- What does it mean to be ‘justified by faith’?
(Note to leaders: You may also ask your members what questions they have from reading the passage to encourage them to ask and discuss.)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- For you, what does a person who tries to earn his salvation look like?
- What are some instances when you see yourself as a righteous or sinless person? How can this attitude change?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What are some ways you can live out the things you have learned from our discussion?
- To whom can you share what you have learned from the passage? How will you do it?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Give thanks to God for the gift of salvation that comes only through faith in Jesus and not through something that we need to earn by good works.
- Seek God’s forgiveness for our self-righteous heart.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reflect our sins as we read His word that we may seek to obey His will and live out His love.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.