Outward religion cannot save us from divine judgment. Merely trying to follow the Law of God will not rescue us from a life of sin. This week, Jared Co explains how we need a new heart from God’s Spirit to guide us into true Righteousness.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share a time when you felt better or more important than others (if any).
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What does this passage tell us about the view of the Jews about being saved?
- According to Paul, what is God’s basis for our salvation?
- What did you learn about God? What did you learn about yourself?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins) –
- In what way/s do you resonate with the Jews?
- Through Jesus, how can our attitude towards salvation be changed?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What are some action steps you can take towards seeing yourself and others as sinners saved by grace through faith in Christ?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank God for His grace that our salvation is found in Christ and not through our works. Because of our sins, we lost it all, but Jesus did it all for us to get it all.
- Repent of our attitude of trying to earn our salvation through works.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to continuously change and turn our hearts to Him and to have the right motive in putting our faith in action.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.