There is constant conflict between our old and new selves, for a spiritual battle began the day we were saved. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shows us how we can walk as Christians: by taking off the old and putting on the new to live out this New Humanity.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- During the pandemic, many people have rearranged/decluttered their homes. Share some items you have chosen to give away or remove from your home.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What are the characteristics of the old life?
- What are the characteristics of the new life?
- What caused the change/transformation from old ways to the new way of living? Why is it important to put off the old life and put on the new life?
- Share how Jesus has transformed you since you decided to follow and obey Him? (Note to leaders: Before the meeting, ask a few people who can share to give them enough time to prepare.)
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Reflect and share: What old ways am I still living/doing? What is God teaching me through today’s passage?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What specific actions can you take to obey Jesus and to put on the new self?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank God for sending Jesus to be our Savior. Through Him, we can have a new life with Him.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help us identify, repent, and put off the sins in our heart; to rely on God’s Spirit, not on ourselves, to give us the power to pursue and put on the new self as he has designed us to be.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.