God’s great love transcended the laws of nature and made us, who were once dead in our sins and transgressions, now alive with the Lord through the gospel. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to embrace our new life in Christ and carry out our days as God has prepared for us.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
以弗所書 Ephesians 2:1-10
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Let 2 people from the group share how they know God loves them OR share a 1-min. testimony of their experience before and after knowing Christ.
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Reflect and share. What are some of the sins we struggle with? As sinners, what is our spiritual standing before God?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What 3 ways do people who are dead in trespasses and sins live (vv.2-3)? What does it mean that people ‘were dead’?
- Describe God’s love according to this passage. What is the Good News?
- What does this passage say about good works? How is it related to our salvation?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- For non-believers: What is your response to God’s gift of salvation?
- For believers: What can remind you of what Christ has done for you? What can you do in response to His grace upon you?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Ask God for forgiveness for the sins we have committed, for choosing to disobey, and for going against God.
- Thank God for His great love, for Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross to save us, and for His grace to embrace us into a relationship with Him and to enjoy Him eternally. All these not by our own works, but because of His grace.
- Ask God to help us walk in His ways, to choose to obediently follow Him in our weaknesses, to turn away from old ways and to live as a new creation.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.