Paul’s prayer was for the church in Ephesus to know Christ more — His calling in the past, His inheritance in the future, and the power available through Him in the present. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to grow in our knowledge of Him who fills us with gratitude, hope, and power to face any difficulty ahead.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share something you want to know about. Why do you want to know about it?
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Think of a situation that you are going through right now. What does it mean for you that God’s power is working through your situation?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What are the 3 things that Paul prayed for the Ephesians to know (vv. 18-20)?
- What is the importance of knowing these 3 things? What do these 3 things mean for you?
- Describe the power of God according to this passage.
- What can we learn about God from this passage?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Knowing the power that raised Jesus from death is the same power in you (believer), what can you do when you face trials/temptations?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray to know and understand the hope and confidence we have in Christ, to know that we are God’s inheritance and representatives in the world, and to know God’s power in our new lives.
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.