Joy is more essential to our family and faith than we think. This week, Ptr. Jared Co shows us how a mother can cultivate her family’s joy by protecting and promoting their joy while receiving God’s joy herself.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Deuteronomy 12:1-7, 11-12
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Accountability from the previous week:
- For fathers: What specific action steps have you taken towards being a father after God’s heart?
- How were you able to share what you have learned last week?
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Think of a value that your mother has passed on to you. In what way has this value influenced your life?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read Acts 16:1-3 and 2 Timothy 1:5. In what ways did Timothy’s mother (Eunice) and his grandmother (Lois) influence him?
- Read Deut. 12:1-12. What does this passage say about rejoicing as a family (vv. 7 and 12)? What is the reason for rejoicing?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What action steps can you take this week to influence someone with the Gospel (may be in words and/or deeds)?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our families. (10-15 minutes)
- For fathers and mothers to be role models of Christ-like character to their children.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.