This week, Ptr. Genesis Tan urges fathers to lead their families wisely by watching their words, training their children, and persevering to the end.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share a memory you have with your father (may be pleasant or not).
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- From what you have shared, in what way does this affect your relationship with God as your Father?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read Matt. 3:13-17 and Matt. 17:5. What do we learn about God from these passages?
- Read Deut. 6:4-9 and Eph. 6:4. What do these tell us about being a father after God’s heart?
- Knowing God as our Father, how does this affect how we relate to Him and to others?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- For fathers: What specific action steps can you take towards being a father after God’s heart?
- Think of a specific person to whom you can share what you have learned.
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our families. (10-15 minutes)
- For parents not to provoke their children to anger, but to raise them in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- For parents to intentionally disciple and mentor their children through their words and example.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.