A vital spiritual practice needed in our homes today is self-denial. This week, Ptr. Jared Co exhorts Christian wives to model this basic discipleship principle in their homes for the sake of their family.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share an experience when you found it hard to submit to someone in authority.
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- From what you have shared earlier, what would make it easy for you to submit to someone in authority?
- What would make it easy for you to submit to Christ?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read Ephesians 5:22-24 and Romans 12:1-2. What do these passages tell us about submission?
- From these passages, what can we learn about Christ’s sacrifice? How can we respond to His sacrifice?
- For wives: What Truth from these passages challenges you?
- For non-wives: How can you help the wives in your circle fulfill their role?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Is there something God wants you to obey? What action steps can you take to submit and obey?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our families. (10-15 minutes)
- For husbands to love their wives sacrificially just as Christ loved the Church.
- For wives to be the God-given helpmates who respect and submit to their husbands.
- For husbands and wives to deepen their oneness and be faithful to each other.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.