當人在苦難裡的時候，單單同情心是不夠的，最後可能因為觀點的不同，產生更大的問題，我這樣關心你，你還不明白嗎? 結果會造成更大的衝突； 我們要用同理心來去幫助苦難中的人，不單站在對方的立場，也要為苦難找出意義，這才是苦難的出路。
Sympathy alone isn’t enough when someone is in distress. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to empathize and see things from the perspective of the one who suffers, then do what we can to help find meaning in their suffering.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Job 11, 20
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Think and Reflect
- Think of a time you comforted someone. What went well?
3. Engage the heart
- How do you feel when you comfort someone?
4. Engage the mind
- What is Zophar accusing Job of?
- Observe Zophar’s approach in “comforting” Job. What are your thoughts on his ways?
- From Zophar’s ways, reflect on your ways of comforting others. What can you improve?
5. Engage the hands
- What action steps can you take to improve your approach in comforting other people?
6. Engage with God in prayer
- Pray for yourself and for your loved ones.
- Pray for wisdom for our government leaders in containing the surge of Covid-19 cases and humility to learn from best practices of other nations.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.