Christians are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds us that people are attracted by light-filled places and savory food. In the same way, spiritual attractiveness radiating from our transformed lives will draw people to seek the Lord who has transformed us.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share a recent time when you were blessed by someone (may be through words of encouragement or action).
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- In vv.12-13, God turned the curse into a blessing. What are the blessings?
- Read vv.14-17. What is God’s desire for His people? What are the things He hates?
- Read v.23. What does God say will attract other people to join the Jews?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- As God blesses us, He desires for us to speak truthfully, to be just, and to make peace (v.16). What are our common struggles in doing these? What can motivate and encourage you to do these?
- What are the “ruins” in our lives? (These may be our failures, weaknesses, lack of faith, sins, etc. Ultimately, this is about our separation from God.)
- In what way can our life turn from ruin to glory through Christ?
- How can you be a blessing to the people around you? What is the right motivation to be a blessing to others?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What action steps can you take this week to bless others (your circle of influence)?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Unemployment rate is at 8.7% (4 million Filipinos are jobless).
- Severe hunger and extreme poverty are at a record high.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.