When we become a new creation in Christ, our new life is God’s message to the world. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds us that the world will know the Lord of grace, justice, love, and mercy by how we live our lives.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- In 1 word, describe how you are feeling coming to the LG today (e.g excited, discouraged, angry, hopeful, etc.).
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What does it mean when God instructed Zechariah to take silver and gold and make a crown to set it on the head of Joshua the high priest?
- Read vv.12-13. Describe the man named Branch. Who is this man named Branch referring to?
- Note that the roles of the king and the high priest must be appointed to two different people, how did Jesus fulfill these two roles?
- What does “This will happen if you diligently obey the Lord your God.” in v.15 mean?
- What kind of Temple would Jesus be building?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What is your response to the Truth that Jesus is our King and High Priest forever?
- How can the Truth of the passage improve your obedience to God?
- What is your response knowing you are part of God’s Church/Temple?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What action steps are you going to take this week in obedience to God?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Vaccine rollout and procurement to be quick and free from corruption.
- Recent shooting incident and ‘misencounter’ between PNP and PDEA agents that left 4 people dead.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.