A great many people, events, and circumstances create fear in our lives. This week, Ptr. Jared Co reminds us that the message of Christmas turns great fear into great joy and a deep, abiding peace.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- What is one thing that brought you great fear this year?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What kind of peace does the world have?
- Jesus came to resolve the problem of sin. Is there anyone exempted from sin? Why?
- How did Jesus break the power of sin and resolve the problem of sin?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Have you pursued any of the peace that the world gives? Please share.
- What are your worries and fears? Have you tried to overcome your fears on your own? What happened when Jesus came to overcome these?
- How does Jesus’ birth, death, and resurrection change your relationship with God?
- Read John 14:1-6. What does this passage mean for those who believe in Jesus? In what way does this bring hope to you?
- In Luke 2:10, the angels told the shepherds, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.” What does it mean for you to not fear and to behold?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- How can you share the peace that you have in Christ to the people around you during this Christmas season?
- In what ways can you turn your fears into beholding Jesus in the coming week?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- The discipline of people in following health protocols during this season to avoid the spike of COVID-19 cases.
- Wisdom and integrity of our government leaders in making decisions for our country.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.