Zechariah teaches us that we must start right if we want to experience God’s blessing. This week, Ptr. Genesis Tan explains what it means to start right: begin with a repentant heart, study and learn from the past, and submit to God’s enduring word.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Questions
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- Share something significant that you have learned from your parents/older generation.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Why was God angry with the Israelites?
- What was God’s message to the Israelites? Why did He warn them to not be like their ancestors?
- Read v. 6. What does this say about God’s word?
- How did God reveal Himself in this passage? What does it mean that God is the Lord of Host?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Share examples from the Bible that we need to follow. Why are these important for us to follow?
- Share warnings from the Bible that we need to avoid. Why do we need to avoid these?
- Reflect: When someone rebukes you, what kind of attitude do you have? Share an experience. What have you learned about this from the message?
- God does everything according to the Truth. What does this mean for you? How are our principles similar or different from God’s principles?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What sin is holding you back from God? God is inviting you to return to Him. How can you return to Him?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Prepare for possible post-holiday surge of Covid-19 cases
- Continuous relief and rehabilitation of the areas affected by Typhoons Rolly and Ulysses
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.