In Malachi’s time, the people of Israel denied their sins and instead claimed that the Lord had abandoned them. In this week’s message, Ptr. Genesis Tan reminds us that our God is unchanging and that it is our disobedience that has caused us to drift away from Him. It’s time that we reflect, repent, and return to Him.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- What are your highs and lows the past week?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What does it mean to ‘return to God’? Why does God want the Israelites to return to Him and repent? (Exodus 19:6)
- How did the Israelites respond to God’s command to return to Him? Why were they asking God?
- If man is not qualified, why did God make a covenant with us?
- How is God’s nature manifested in His Laws?
- What have you learned about God through this passage?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What does it mean for you that God has called you to be His priest and to be holy?
- What are the common excuses that people use to continue in sin (having idols in the heart) and not returning to God?
- How have you experienced God’s faithfulness and unchanging character?
- What does it mean for you that God is unchanging and wants you to return to Him now?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- In what way is God’s call to return to Him applicable to you? How would you like to respond?
- How can God’s Truth help you turn away from your sins? How can you apply it this week?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- DOH prepares to present vaccine implementation plan; budget for the vaccine
- Minimal damage from typhoon Rolly in Luzon
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.