Have you wondered, “Does God love me?” And does your answer change depending on your present circumstances? This week, Ptr. Genesis Tan urges us to weather moments of doubt and uncertainty by looking back and seeing how God has loved us, chosen us, saved us, and sustained us.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- Share a recent time when you felt loved.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What does it mean when God said ‘I have loved you’? Why did the Israelites doubt God’s love?
- Why is Jacob not worthy of God’s love? Why did God choose Jacob and not Esau? What does it mean that God hated Esau?
- What have you learned about God through this passage?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What are the similarities between the Israelites and us?
- What is the significance that God has chosen you?
- Have you experienced being disappointed with God? Please share.
- How has the Lord shown you His love for you? What does it mean for you that God loves you? (Read Romans 5:8.)
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- How can you intentionally remember God’s love for you this week? (Group accountability)
- How can you live out God’s love for you?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Covid-19 outbreak to cause economic drop and create new poor according to the World Bank.
- Additional revenues for the country in 2021-2022 to pay for heavy indebtedness due to spending related to Covid-19.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.