God speaks to us through His creation and through His Word but listening for His voice does not come naturally to us. In this week’s message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung calls us to look, listen, and respond to our Lord and Redeemer. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. What is your biggest takeaway from this message?
2. Read vv.1-6. In what ways can we hear the sound of God’s silence? Read Rom.1:20 and Ps.14:1. Share an experience when you have heard the silent voice of God? Reflect: Has there been a time when God’s glory was shown through nature yet I did not see/hear Him? What hindered me from seeing/hearing Him?
3. Read Heb.1:3, Ps.72:5, and Ps.29:10. The psalmist declares that God’s sovereign control is seen through the sun. Share an experience when you struggled with God’s sovereignty? In what area of your life do you have a hard time embracing this Truth?
4. Read vv.7-10. What are the terms used to refer to God’s word? Why are several terms used to refer to the law of the Lord? Can you share and explain how each one is distinct? In v.10, why is the law of the Lord more precious than pure gold and sweeter than honey from the honeycomb? In what ways have you experienced God’s word as more precious than gold and sweeter than honey?
5. Read vv.11-14. How did the psalmist respond to the voice of God (2 ways)? Apart from God’s forgiveness, he also needed a Redeemer, why? For you, do you think you need a Redeemer? Why? Read Hos.10:8, Psa.22:1, and Matt.5:17. Why is it important to focus on following Christ instead of other people in the Bible?
6. In what ways are you struggling with hearing God’s voice right now? How would you like to respond to God’s voice?