God calls us to restore our broken family relationships as we deepen our faith in Him. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shows us how an encounter with God led Abraham and Sarah to strengthen their faith and re-establish their marriage. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. What is your greatest takeaway from this message?
2. Read vv. 10-12. God wanted to re-establish their marriage relationship. What problems did their marriage have? Read Genesis 13-16 for the state of their marriage. Marriage problems often stem from small issues that got accumulated. What do you think is the real problem? How can it be resolved?
Read Gen 23:1-3. What does marriage represent for you? How’s your relationship with God?
3. God wanted to rebuild their faith in Him. How did God renew Abraham’s faith? (Read Genesis 17.) How did God renew Sarah’s faith? How is Sarah’s secret laughter different from her laughter after Isaac was born?
4. In this passage, how have Abraham and Sarah encountered God?
5. How has God been building/rebuilding your faith? How would you like to respond to God’s message?