God’s power is revealed in our weaknesses. In this message by Rev. Jeremiah Cheung, let us learn from Paul and the thorn in his flesh to understand God’s sufficient grace. Audio and video for this message are now available.
2 Corinthians 12:1-10
1. What is your greatest takeaway from this message? Please share.
2. Read v. 10. Paul had a thorn in his flesh. What do you think it was? How did this thorn help Paul understand himself? Do you have a thorn in your life? How has that thorn helped you understand yourself? Why didn’t Paul boast about his experience with 3rd heaven (vv. 6-7)? How is his experience similar to Moses’? Reflect: What are you boasting about?
3. Read vv. 8-9. The thorn helped Paul understand that God’s grace is sufficient for him. How is ‘thorn’ different from ‘cross’? What are the 2 principles? How do you identify with these two principles? Compare ‘sufficiency’ and ‘thorn’. In your experience, how is God’s grace sufficient?
4. Read vv. 9-10. The thorn helped Paul understand God’s power. Peter also understands this through his weaknesses. Have you experienced God’s power in your weaknesses? Please share. What were the 3 responses of Paul? What is your response when faced with a thorn?
5. How is the so-called ‘Prosperity Gospel’ of today different from the ‘Gospel of Weakness’ Paul talked about? What are your thoughts on these two theological theories?