Message by Rev. Jeremiah Cheung. Audio and video for this message are now available.
2 Corinthians 12:1-10
1. What is your greatest takeaway from this message? Please share.
2. Read v. 10. Paul had a thorn in his flesh. What do you think it was? How did this thorn help Paul understand himself? Do you have a thorn in your life? How has that thorn helped you understand yourself? Why didn’t Paul boast about his experience with 3rd heaven (vv. 6-7)? How is his experience similar to Moses’? Reflect: What are you boasting about?
3. Read vv. 8-9. The thorn helped Paul understand that God’s grace is sufficient for him. How is ‘thorn’ different from ‘cross’? What are the 2 principles? How do you identify with these two principles? Compare ‘sufficiency’ and ‘thorn’. In your experience, how is God’s grace sufficient?
4. Read vv. 9-10. The thorn helped Paul understand God’s power. Peter also understands this through his weaknesses. Have you experienced God’s power in your weaknesses? Please share. What were the 3 responses of Paul? What is your response when faced with a thorn?
5. How is the so-called ‘Prosperity Gospel’ of today different from the ‘Gospel of Weakness’ Paul talked about? What are your thoughts on these two theological theories?