Only God can satisfy the thirst in our souls. In this message by Rev. Jeremiah Cheung, discover the Living Water through the Samaritan woman’s conversation with Jesus. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. What is your greatest takeaway from this message? Please share.
2. The Living Water amazes people (vv. 9 and 27). Why were the disciples amazed? Describe Jesus’ ways and compare to the thinking of the disciples. In what ways has God amazed you? How is the Living Water the grace of God?
3. The Living Water satisfies people (vv. 13-14). What are the 2 kinds of water and 2 kinds of thirst? What are the things the Samaritan woman pursued to seek satisfaction? Read Luke 16:24. What are the things you consider as important in your life right now? How do these bring you satisfaction?
4. The Living Water makes people know themselves and the Savior. Read vv. 7-8, 15, 25-26. How did Jesus lead the Samaritan into knowing herself (4 points)? What did she learn about herself? What is Jesus leading you to know about yourself? Who/What is your “husband” that you go to for satisfaction in place of Jesus?
5. The Living Water transforms people’s lives. Read vv. 28-29, 39. In what ways was the Samaritan transformed?
6. In what way can Jesus satisfy your thirst? How would you like to respond to Jesus’ leading in your life now? Do you resonate with the Samaritan woman’s encounter with Jesus? Please share.