God transformed the life and ministry of Moses through the vision of the burning bush. Find out what the same vision could mean for you in this week’s message from Rev. Jeremiah Cheung. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. What is your greatest takeaway from this message?
2. In this passage, what does the “bush” symbolize? What are the three characteristics of thorns or bushes? How do you see yourself? Share a recent situation when you viewed yourself as a cedar tree. What thorns are you experiencing now?
3. What does the “fire” symbolize in this passage? What does the “burning bush” symbolize? If we are the bush, how do we respond when fires come to our lives? Knowing God is with us, in what way do we respond differently?
4. In this passage, why does the burning bush not burn up? Who appeared within the bush? Read Judges 13:18 and Isaiah 9:6. How is Jesus’ crown of thorns related to us?
5. Moses encountered God in this vision. What can we learn from Moses in this incident? ‘I AM’ is in the present tense. How is God present in your life now?