The key to standing firm in the faith is having an accurate view of the Christian life. It entails walking through both the good and bad times in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shares the four stations for walking through the path of grace. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. What is your greatest takeaway from this message?
2. C.S. Lewis said, “Expectation is everything.” What are your expectations of the Christian life?
3. G.K. Chesterton said that for the Christian, joy is central and sorrow is peripheral. For the unbeliever, he says it is the exact opposite: “Joy is peripheral while sorrow is central.” What is the reason for this?
4. V.5 “Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.” The Lord is near can mean nearness in space or nearness in time. What do these mean?
5. V.6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” How can we not be anxious about anything?
6. Paul said the Lord will give us a peace which transcends all understanding. What is peace which transcends all understanding? How can we have such peace?
7. What is your response to the message?