An idol can be anything that robs rightful worship from the One True God. And if we are not careful, even good desires can turn into idols. In this message, Ptr. Genesis Tan urges us to recognize our false gods, repent, and run away from our idols as we train ourselves toward spiritual maturity. Audio and video for this message are now available.
02:43 Scripture Reading
14:28 Why Flee from Idolatry?
15:34 What is Idolatry?
22:38 Why do we struggle with idolatry?
47:25 How do we overcome idolatry?
56:38 Let us learn from the gazelle
1 Corinthians 10:1-14
1) What is your takeaway from today’s message?
2) What are your good desires that have turned into idols?
3) What motivates these desires? What do you think you’ll gain from them? (significance, security, satisfaction, etc.)
4) What are the lies about God and His character do you find yourself believing?
5) What does the Word of God say about the lies that you believe?
6) As you repent, what would you like to confess to God?
7) As you commit to flee from idolatry, what would you choose to do from now on?