God gave us His Word so we can grow and bear fruit. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung shows how the faithful study of God’s Word is the spiritual nourishment we need for a life of righteousness.
Scripture Passage: John 15:1-8
1. The Word of God is a ________________________ in God’s hand [15:2-3]
a. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)
— Teaching –
— Rebuking –
— Correcting –
— Training in Righteousness –
b. For the Word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
2. The Word of God is spiritual _________________ [15:7-8]
a. The Word of God is like ______
b. The Word of God is like ______
c. The Word of God is like ________
Lifegroup Discussion Questions
1. What is your key takeaway from this message?
2. The Bible is a book. Why is it described as holy and why is it called the Word of God?
3. The Word of God is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness. Of these four, which one(s) have you experienced? Please share.
4. The Word of God is our spiritual food – it is like milk, food, and honey. Which aspect of the Word of God have you experienced most? Are you suffering from (spiritual) anorexia?