The book of Revelations refers to the church as the Golden Lampstand. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung interprets the biblical principles implied by this meaningful symbolism.
Scripture passage: Revelation 1:20, Exodus 25:31-39
Revelation 1:20 “The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.”
The Bible uses golden lampstands to represent the church and there are four spiritual principles represented by it:
1. The golden lampstand is a piece of pure gold
2. The golden lampstand is hammered out from a piece of pure gold
a. through suffering
b. through circumstances
c. through people
3. The golden lampstand’s function is to give light
4. The Son of Man walks among the lampstands
a. The Lord is the Lord of the Church
b. The Lord knows everything about the Church
Lifegroup Discussion Questions
1. Which part of the message touched you the most? What is your key takeaway from the message?
2. The church is hammered out from a piece of pure gold. What is the spiritual significance of this? Have you experienced being hammered by God in your life? How?
3. What is the purpose of the golden lampstand? Have you experienced letting your light shine for the Lord?
4. The Son of Man walks among the lampstands. What is the spiritual meaning of this? What does it mean to you that “the Lord knows”?