By Rev. Jeremiah Cheung
Scripture passage: 1 John 1:3 and 1 Cor 1:9
We are baptized into the name of The Lord Jesus Christ when we become believers, henceforth, we belong to Christ and the Church “Belonging” is at the heart of fellowship with the Church. The Church is the Body of Christ, it is also the eternal home of God.
There are four principles we must understand.
1. Regard Christ as the head of your family
2. Learn and Grow
3. Submit to the Authorities
4. Practice Love and Acceptance
Small Group Discussion
1. What does it mean to regard Christ as your parent? When everyone regards Christ as his parent, how will it change the church?
2. In the home, we must learn and grow. How is a mature parent different from an immature parent? How will his maturity as a parent affect the home?
3. Home is a place of love, so why is there a need for governance? What problems may arise if we do not submit to the authorities inside the home?
4. Love and acceptance are necessary among family members, but why is it very difficult for family members to accept one another? Do you have any suggestions?