Every human being on earth longs for harmony — a flourishing, harmonious, delightful kind of life — in our relationship with God, with one another, with the world, and with ourselves. In this week’s message, Ptr. Mike Cariño explains that harmony is possible only with restoration, and restoration requires the setting of boundaries. Without boundaries — respect, responsibility, and ownership — there can never be harmony in any relationship.
Matthew 7:12 (ESV)
So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
1) In what areas of your life do you need to set more boundaries? At work, with your kids, with your family, or in your marriage? Where would you like to set more limits in your relationships?
2) What fears stop you from saying “no” to people? What are some ways you can overcome these fears?
– Fear of hurting the other person’s feelings
– Fear of abandonment and separateness
– Fear of someone else’s anger
– Fear of punishment
– Fear of being shamed
– Fear of being seen as bad or selfish
– Fear of being labeled as unspiritual
3) Do you agree that it is irresponsible to rescue someone from the consequences of their sin? Why or why not?