God’s rejection of Israel is not total and not final. He remains faithful in His promise to save them by His grace, not according to their works. In this message, Rev. Genesis Tan urges us to reflect on our election with a heart of humility, hope, and reverence. We should never be conceited because of our faith or salvation.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Note to leader: Choose 1-2 people to share about their spiritual journey. As they share, notice the words that describe their attitude towards Jesus and the Gospel.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read the passage. What does it mean that God has preserved a remnant ?
- What is the attitude of the Jews towards the Gospel?
- What is Paul’s warning to the Gentiles about their attitude?
- What did you learn about God’s character?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- In what way do you resonate with the Jews’ attitude?
- How does Paul’s warning to the Gentiles speak to you?
- What about your attitude towards Jesus should be improved?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What decisions should you make to help you change/improve your attitude towards the Gospel?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Thank the Lord for His mercy that through Jesus we are able to receive and enjoy His blessing of eternal life.
- Bring to God any attitude that thinks of ourselves as higher than others.
- Pray to continue trusting the Lord amidst life challenges and to continue putting our hope in Jesus.
- Continue to pray for specific people God is placing in your heart to share the Gospel with.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.