作兒女的, 要在主裡聽從父母。這是有條件性的, 要在主裡, 要在真理裡; 要孝敬父母。這是沒有條件性的。當甚父母提不出不合真理的要求, 我們可以拒絕但仍要尊敬, 我們的態度很重要； 末世有很多危險, 其中二樣是違背父母與無親情。求主救我們脫離這些危險, 作一個合神心意的兒女。
The Bible tells us that obeying our parents is conditional, but honoring them is absolute. When parents make demands that do not follow the truth, we may refuse them but we must continue to show respect. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung warns us of the dangers of disobeying our parents but more importantly, of growing cold and unloving towards them.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
以弗所書 Ephesians 6:1-3
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share an experience when you found it difficult to obey your parents.
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- From what you have shared, why was it difficult? What would make it easy for you to obey them?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Read Eph. 6:1-3 and Exo. 20:12. What does it mean to ‘obey your parents in the Lord?
- What does it mean to ‘honor your father and mother’?
- What is the right attitude in obeying our parents? What are some practical ways we can honor our parents? (Reference: Prov.1:8-9, Prov. 20:20, Prov. 18:21, Prov. 10:1, Prov. 17:25)
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What specific actions can you take towards being a child after God’s heart?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our families. (10-15 minutes)
- To know and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
- To grow in wisdom and stature, both in favor of God and men.
- To honor their parents and obey them wholeheartedly.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.