Injustice is an inescapable reality in this world. This week, Ptr. Jared Co shares God’s response to the people in the time of Malachi who have become cynical about Him and His justice.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- Please share a time when you felt injustice happening/prevailing.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What was Israel’s issue? What was the root cause of them doubting God’s judgment?
- Who are the 2 messengers? What is their significance? Why did the Lord mention these 2 messengers? How does Jesus’ death and resurrection fulfill God’s judgment and covenant with Israel (believers)?
- Describe what the day of the Lord’s coming will look like.
- What does it mean that God is Just and Merciful?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Do you feel impatient waiting for judgment? What does it mean for you that He is coming to judge the whole world including you?
- What is the weight of our sins? What is the weight of Christ’s death on the cross? What does His resurrection mean for you and me (Refer to Romans 3:26)?
- How is God purifying you? What dirts in your heart need to be purified?
- In what way do you resonate with the psalmist in Psalm 73?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- With what you have learned from God’s word through this message, how can you respond whenever you see or feel injustice?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- DOH reports alarming spike of calls in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, including a monthly average of 53 suicide-related concerns.
- Pope Francis’ endorsement on same-sex civil unions and our country’s response.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.