As followers of Jesus, God calls us to be faithful and honor our commitments. This week, Ptr. Genesis Tan reminds us that we fail to honor our Lord when we do not honor our commitment to Christ or fail to honor our marriage covenant to our spouse.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What does it mean to have ‘one Father’?
- How is marriage related to our service to God? Why is marriage important to God? How does this show His covenant with the Israelites?
- What was the issue with foreign women? Why is God against intermarriage? (Deut. 7:3-4)
- How is a covenant different from a contract?
- What have you learned about God through this passage?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What are your commitments to God? How are you honoring God in your commitments?
- Has there been a time when you grieved God’s heart due to your unfaithfulness to Him? Please share.
- When you break God’s heart, how do you respond? What struggles do you encounter in turning back to Him?
- For the married: In what ways are you depending on God’s grace and power in your marriage?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- If there’s any unfaithfulness in your heart towards God, what will you do with it and how are you going to do it?
- For the married: Think of one way you can improve in your marriage that will bring honor to God.
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Travel agencies, tour operators, reservation services and related activities to reopen at 50% capacity under GCQ and 100% under MGCQ per DTI.
- Families and cities affected by typhoons and Monsoon rains.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.