When You Feel Forsaken: Pag-kwestiyon sa Panginoon sa Oras ng Matinding Pagdurusa
Sa oras ng matinding pagdurusa, maari nating maramdaman na walang pakialam ang Panginoon sa ating kalagayan. Ngayong linggo, magbabahagi si Ptr. Mike Cariño ng mga aral na mapupulot sa Psalms 22 na makakapagpatatag ng ating pananalig at pagtitiwala sa Panginoon.
In times of intense suffering, it may feel like God does not care. This week, Ptr. Mike Cariño shares lessons from Psalms 22 that will help us sustain our hope and faith.
Basahin sa Bibliya
1. Na-experience mo na bang parang hindi sumasagot ang Diyos sa iyong mga hinaing? Anong ginawa mo noon?
2. Read vv. 1-11. We may be forsaken but not prayerless. Sa paanong paraan lalapit ang puso natin sa Diyos? How can we be honest and real to God?
Reflect: Remember what God has done and how He has shown His faithfulness in your life.
3. Read vv. 12-22. We may be forsaken but not powerless. Where do you find your security? Meron bang anumang bagay na inilalagay mo ang kapanatagan ng loob mo maliban sa Diyos? In what way have you experienced God as your Strength?
4. Read vv. 23-28. We may be forsaken but not praiseless. Bakit nagbago ang pananaw ni David? Ano ang nagbago? Read Luke 23:46, what did Jesus do on the cross? Reflect: Which is deeper, your wounds or your faith?
5. Kung may pinagdadaanan ka ngayon, ano ang gagawin mo? Paano mo mas nakilala ang Diyos sa pamamagitan ng message na ito?
Let us spend time in prayer, drawing near to our Lord, in the midst of the COVID-19 situation. Reflect on the verses below and commit our community, church, leaders, and nations to the Lord.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Pray for Our Community
1. Pray for those who are sick
2. Pray for those who are most vulnerable due to the crisis (health, economic, and so on)
3. Pray for those caring for the sick, in particular for the healthcare workers on the frontlines
4. Pray for the effective mitigation of the Covid-19 virus
5. Pray for discipline in observing preventive measures
6. Pray for peace and calm during the crisis
“And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us.” 1 John 5:14
Pray for Our Church
1. Pray for our church leaders to make good and wise decisions in faith and love
2. Pray for the worldwide church to respond with the light and love of Jesus in this crisis
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
1. Pray for the government to implement a cohesive and effective plan
2. Pray for government officials to have wisdom, foresight, and skill
3. Pray for a smooth, safe, and stable community quarantine for the next 30 days
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear” Psalm 46:1-2a
1. Pray for other countries affected by the Covid-19 pandemic
2. Pray for economic and social stability around the world amidst the ongoing pandemic
“Pray without ceasing” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray for any personal concerns.