God desires to hear our worries and fears, our hard questions and doubts, our pains and sorrows. This week, Ptr. Genesis Tan shows how David’s example in Psalm 22 is a model we can follow as we seek deliverance and draw near our loving and dependable Savior.
1. Have you ever felt like God has forsaken you? What was it like?
2. Read vv. 1-10. Cry out to God in your distress. In what ways can you cry out to God in distress?
3. Read vv. 11-21. Continue asking for God’s deliverance. What do you want to ask God for deliverance from?
4. Read. vv. 22-31. Choose to trust God’s dependability. How did David’s view of the situation change?
5. Read and reflect on Isaiah 53:3a, Luke 23:46, Hebrews 5:7, and Psalm 22:24. What can we learn from Jesus’ prayer?
6. How can this psalm help you face such a situation in the future? What would you like to remember from this message?
Let us spend time in prayer, drawing near to our Lord, in the midst of the COVID-19 situation. Reflect on the verses below and commit our community, church, leaders, and nations to the Lord.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
Pray for Our Community
1. Pray for those who are sick
2. Pray for those who are most vulnerable due to the crisis (health, economic, and so on)
3. Pray for those caring for the sick, in particular for the healthcare workers on the frontlines
4. Pray for the effective mitigation of the Covid-19 virus
5. Pray for discipline in observing preventive measures
6. Pray for peace and calm during the crisis
“And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will He hears us.” 1 John 5:14
Pray for Our Church
1. Pray for our church leaders to make good and wise decisions in faith and love
2. Pray for the worldwide church to respond with the light and love of Jesus in this crisis
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
1. Pray for the government to implement a cohesive and effective plan
2. Pray for government officials to have wisdom, foresight, and skill
3. Pray for a smooth, safe, and stable community quarantine for the next 30 days
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear” Psalm 46:1-2a
1. Pray for other countries affected by the Covid-19 pandemic
2. Pray for economic and social stability around the world amidst the ongoing pandemic
“Pray without ceasing” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray for any personal concerns.