As the church holds its first worship services at the new Discipleship Center, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds – and challenges – us to turn back to Jesus and the Great Commission that we have been called to fulfill. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1. Back to Jesus
2. Back to teamwork
3. Back to authority
4. Back to ‘going’, not just ‘coming’ to church
5. Back to discipleship
6. Back to the local church
7. Back to the Bible
8. Back to devotion to the Lord’s teaching
9. Back to walking with God
10. Back to being His witness
1. What is your greatest take away from this message?
2. Back to Jesus (Matt.28:16). Is Jesus the center of my life? In what way should I return back to Jesus?
3. Back to teamwork (v.17). Which of the 4C’s (Character, Competence, Chemistry, Culture) do I need to work on most?
4. Back to authority (v.18). Authority comes from one’s life. How does ‘authority’ differ from ‘power’? Read Phil.2:6-11.
5. Back to ‘going’, not just ‘coming’ to church (v.19). Why is it important to gather together?
6. Back to discipleship (v.19). There are 3 marks of a disciple of the Lord: 1. Regular daily devotion and worship, 2. Reading the Word of God substantially, 3. Praying on all occasions with all kinds of prayers. In which aspect do I struggle the most? In what way can our group help each other in these?
7. Back to the local church (v.19). Is the church my home? How can I become a part of this spiritual family?
8. Back to the Bible and back to devotion to the Lord’s teachings (v.20). A disciple of the Lord is not only a hearer but must also be a doer of the Word. In what instances do I find it hard to obey God’s word? Read Matt. 7:21, Acts 2:42, and 1Pet.2:9.
9. Back to walking with God (v. 20). What can we learn from Enoch’s life? How does this encourage me?
10. Back to being His witness (Acts 1:8 and John 15:26). What should we testify for the Lord? Share some instances when I shared about Jesus. In what areas do I need help?