Just like the spirit, the soul can be exercised through its functions. In this message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung begins to teach us how to exercise our soul by allowing God to be lord over our emotion and feelings. Audio and video for this message are now available.
1 Thess 5:23 / 1 Peter 1:9 / 2 Cor 1:10 / Eph 3:16-17
00:42 Scripture Reading
02:04 Recap: What is Godliness?
04:50 Three functions of our souls: Emotion, Mind, and Will
05:29 Salvation of the Soul: Transformation
20:17 Exercise of the Emotions
37:57 Three examples: Moses, Paul, Jesus
48:33 Closing remarks
Questions for Reflection
1. What is the best thing you have learned from this message? Please share.
2. What does the salvation of the soul refer to? Please explain briefly.
3. Emotion is one of the functions of our soul. By itself, an emotion is neutral; it depends on who is lord over it. Who is the lord of your emotions? Please explain.
4. The Cross is the weapon for confronting our emotions. What experience/s can you share regarding this?
5. Moses, Paul, and the Lord Jesus are our models. What have you learned from them?