God can use suffering to mold us into better people. This week, Ptr. Jared Co explores why God uses suffering to teach us: through suffering, we learn to fully trust in the Lord alone.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Share a time when you went through a difficulty and learned something from it.
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What did you learn about God from the experience you shared in #2?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- Describe Elihu. How is Elihu’s view different from Job’s three friends?
- In what way do you agree/disagree with Elihu’s point of view?
- What can we learn about suffering through Elihu’s point of view?
- What can we learn about God through Elihu’s point of view?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What specific action steps can you take to have a right perspective of God when you experience difficulty?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Wisdom in planning for the government leaders and local officials as NCR goes back to ECQ.
- Strength, resilience, and provision for frontliners, workers, and businesses affected by ECQ.
- Provision and safety of evacuees in cities and provinces affected by monsoon rains (landslides and flooding incidents).
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.