Is there true justice and fairness when there is no freedom of choice? This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung reminds us that God will not interfere with the decisions we make for He has given us free will. Instead, God allows us to learn about His justice in the process. As God’s children, it is for God’s love and salvation that we pursue justice.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Job 8, 18, 25
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- What are your thoughts about the world’s justice?
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- We have tendencies to demand justice for those who hurt us and to ask for grace from people we have hurt. How have you experienced this?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What is Bildad’s advice to Job? In what way is his advice right/wrong?
- For you, how is God fair/unfair?
- In Christ’s death and resurrection, how is God’s justice and love demonstrated?
- What is God’s eternal goal for us? What is the right attitude in looking at justice amidst our suffering?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Knowing God’s eternal goal for us (salvation), what steps can you take towards enjoying your relationship with God?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- The Philippines detected new Delta variant cases with 1 death this week. Some of the infections were locally transmitted.
- For strength and protection for our frontline medical workers that they may be able to overcome the coronavirus. For our healthcare system to not be overwhelmed amidst the rising cases in COVID-19.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.