苦難是一個很難解答的問題，義人受苦更是一個迷，只用因果報應論來解釋苦難是不夠的 ，只會產生更多的疑問； 但當我們用恩典報應論來面對苦難，我們不單可以看見一點亮光； 當我們應用在我們與別人身上，會帶出苦難中的出路。
It’s hard to understand why there is suffering in the world and it’s an even bigger mystery why the righteous suffer. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung urges us to view suffering through the law of grace: we sinned and yet it is Christ who died to pay the price. Let us practice the grace of acceptance to find a path out of suffering.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Job 4-5, 15, 22
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- What are your thoughts about the principle of ‘law of retribution’ or ‘you reap what you sow’?
3. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Think of a time when you received advice from someone. What was helpful? What was not helpful?
4. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What was Eliphaz’ advice to Job? What part of what he said to Job do you agree/disagree?
- What did you learn about suffering and how to face suffering? (For further discussion: Is suffering due to the law of retribution/you reap what you sow?)
- What did you learn about God and His grace?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Think of a specific person. What action steps can you take this week to practice and extend grace and comfort to him/her?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- 21 areas under MECQ (mostly in Mindanao), 26 under GCQ and MGCQ for the rest of the country until July 31.
- Current political atmosphere and the upcoming national elections in 2022. Pray for godly and competent leaders to be elected.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.