In part two of our message series, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung says that only someone who is powerful in spirit can set the right boundaries. What does it mean to be weak or powerless in spirit? Conversely, what does it mean to be strong?
Proverbs 23:10 “Do not move an ancient boundary stone.” The Lord has set for us different boundaries, but who can set healthy boundaries for himself?
The answer: only someone who is powerful in spirit can set boundaries. A person who is weak or powerless in spirit cannot set boundaries for himself. What does it mean to be weak or powerless in spirit? What kind of a person is strong in spirit? Can we be powerful in spirit without having a hard heart?
1. A person who is powerless in Spirit
a. Mindset of the ____________
b. Mindset of the ____________
c. Mindset of the ____________
d. Mindset of the ____________
e. Creates an environment of _________ and __________
2. A person who is powerful in Spirit
a. _______________ as himself
b. Based on mercy rather than ____________
c. _________ one another within a relationship
c1. Controls ________ and not others
c2. Controls our __________ and not what others will do
Lifegroup Discussion Questions
1. A person who is powerless in spirit exhibits four traits. Among the people around you, which of those who exhibit these traits can you relate with or understand best (the helpless, the needy, the victim, or the controller)? Please share one or two experiences.
2. How about you? Do any of these four traits describe you? Are you powerless in spirit? Which area do you need to work on?
3. In your present environment –- at home, in the office/workplace, or elsewhere — do you live in an atmosphere of fear and anxiety?
4. A person who is powerful in spirit exhibits three traits:
a. Loves others as himself
b. Based on mercy rather than pity
c. Respects others within a relationship
Are there such people around you?