Fathers are uniquely called to direct their children to Christ and be their children’s first disciplers. This week, Rev. Genesis Tan shares how fathers can fulfill their calling by resting in God’s promises and power, submitting to His ways, and connecting with a God-centered community.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Matthew 28:18-20 | Matthew 11:28-30
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
– Share your understanding of what the goal of parenting is with your group. What do you think contributed to you coming up with this definition?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
– What did you learn about your father (or yourself) through the message?
– What did you learn about our Heavenly Father through the message?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
– For fathers: Reflect on how you’ve discipled your children. Have you been doing so with the belief that you have the power to change them? What do you think influences your motivation and method in parenting?
– For all: Recall a recent experience where you shared the gospel or discipled someone. Did you do so with the knowledge that God never asks us to do anything without going with us? What helps you to remember this truth?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
– For fathers: What concrete steps will you take this week to make parenting your priority? How will you continually evangelize and edify your children?
– For all: In what ways can you further connect with a God-centered community and have a godly mentor?
6. Engage with God in prayer (20-30 mins)
– Reflect on the attributes of God that have been made evident through the message. Praise Him for being the Heavenly Father who is always with us.
– Ask God for the strength to fulfill our primary calling of being with Jesus before doing something for Jesus.
– Pray that fathers strive to discipline their children like how God disciplines us.
– Pray that we allow moments of discipline to teach us how to be wise, tell us we are loved, and train us to have good character.
—— Let God parent you. Our primary calling is to be with Jesus before we do something for Jesus
—— Continue to be faithful and leave the results to God.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact Form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.