In times of suffering, we are quick to think that God is far away or worse, that He has abandoned us. This week, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung explains how God revealed to the prophet Zechariah that He has always been by their side, protecting and taking care of them.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- What point in this message was most impactful for you?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- What were the visions revealed to Zechariah? What do these mean?
- Why were the 3 horses patrolling the earth? What did they find? Read Job 1:7, how is Satan’s objective different from God’s?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- Do you think God forgets? Why do you think so?
- Read the passage. What characteristics about God does the passage reveal to us?
- How have you experienced any of these characteristics of God? In what way do you struggle with understanding any of these characteristics of God?
- What do you notice about verse 12? (After sharing, read Romans 8:33-34.)
- How does this passage bring hope and encouragement to you?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- What have you learned about God in this passage?
- How has the passage challenged or encouraged you?
- What action steps can you take this coming week in response to the lesson learned?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- The discipline of people in following health protocols during this season to avoid the spike of COVID-19 cases.
- Wisdom and integrity of our government leaders in making decisions for our country.
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.