God calls us to put first things first but too many of us live for ourselves. This week, Ptr. Genesis Tan urges us to review our priorities and abandon the pursuit of money, comfort, and pleasure to make God our first priority. When we do, we will experience His presence, His favor, and His blessings.
Read Today’s Scripture Passage
Life Group Discussion Guide
1. Start with a prayer
2. Engage one another (15-30 mins)
- Choose 2 LG members to share a devotion they recently had.
- Please share a time when you have forgotten something important. What happened?
3. Engage the mind (15-20 mins)
- In what way/s did the Israelites neglect God’s Temple? What was the excuse why the Israelites stopped rebuilding? What do these reveal about their heart towards God?
- How did the Israelites respond to God’s message? How did God encourage them?
- Why is the Temple important? What does it signify? What does it mean that we are God’s Temple?
4. Engage the heart (15-20 mins)
- What does ‘Give careful thought to your ways’ mean for you? How can you give careful thought to what you do?
- God did not say that after building the Temple, He will bless us. What should be our motivation in prioritizing God? In what ways do we tend to seek God’s blessings instead of God Himself?
- The Israelites were discouraged and their enthusiasm faded and they forgot about their mission. Do you resonate with the heart of the Israelites about forgetting God? Please share.
- How can our group help you in times of discouragement?
5. Engage the hands (15-20 mins)
- Think of the things you are doing this coming week. How can you put God first?
- How would you like to respond to what you have learned about God through this passage?
6. Engage God in prayer (20-30 mins)
- Pray for each other’s needs and concerns. (10-15 minutes)
- Pray for our country. (10-15 minutes)
- Quarantine update: Davao region back to GCQ as cases surge; NCR on GCQ until the end of the year; Prepare for a possible post-holiday surge
- Recovery of Philippine economy
Would you like to try joining a Life Group session? Fill out our Contact form and our Life Group Officer will get in touch with you shortly.
Tithes & Offering
We praise the Lord that despite the Coronavirus pandemic, we can still worship online together. If CBCP is your home church and you are moved to give at this time, you may deposit your offerings via online fund transfer to our church bank accounts. Learn how to give.