God values marriage — the union of one man and one woman who are meant to grow in God’s love for one another for the rest of their lives. In this week’s message, Rev. Jeremiah Cheung goes back to the Bible’s definition and design of marriage to explain the boundaries needed for a union that glorifies God.
1. Redefine Marriage: ________________; _______________; _________________
2. Foundation of Marriage
a. Marriage is itself a ____________
b. Marriage is a union of two _____________ people’s love
• The husband’s obligation: ______________
• The wife’s obligation: ___________________
3. Marriage’s Action – Love’s Action
a. Love is ______
b. Love does not seek to _________
c. Love seeks to ________ and not to _________
d. Love __________
e. Love never ________
Lifegroup Discussion Questions
1. What can you say about the definition of marriage as between “one man, one woman; one husband, one wife; one whole lifetime”? Do you agree with this or not? Why or why not?
2. Marriage is a testimony. What is it a testimony of? How can marriage be a good testimony?
3. The Bible says: The husband must love his wife and the wife must submit to her husband. What problems do you think would occur if we turned it the other way around – the husband submits to the wife and the wife loves her husband?
4. True love is not demonstrated nor felt via words but through action. What are love’s actions? (Love is kind, love does not seek to compete, love seeks to give and not to take, love protects, love never fails). Can you expound on this?
Sermon Notes Answers
1. One man, one woman; one husband, one wife; one whole lifetime
2. a) testimony b) imperfect • Love your wife • Submit to the husband
3. a) kind b) complete c) give, take d) protects e) fails